6/21/2007

Engagement

So now I'm engaged. That's probably the most ridiculous thing ever. I pictured like, a massive five year build up before I would have the guts to propose to someone, but it only took 8 months, which is kinda short. Too short some would say, but frankly, looking at Rachel and looking at me, I believe that we can (and do) glorify God better together than apart, and that is good enough for me! (That and Rachel is an awesome, empathetic, nice, godly and beautiful woman, how could I go wrong?)

The internet is a funny tool, it takes about 0.5 seconds to change facebook status before pretty much everyone we know is capable of knowing about our engagement... is that a cop out or a good thing? Or am I just way too thoughtful now?

I think this is yet to hit me really, but don't worry I get the gist of it! The Lord is truly faithful even when I am not and that is the real lesson here. God works all things together for the good for those who love him, and that is even when I lack trust. I did not expect to get engaged this year... actually I didn't even expect to date anyone this year. The way God brings people together really blows my mind.

And thanks to everyone who reads, most of you know both Rachel and me, some of you just me, but in any case a lot of you have prepared me to engage (lol) in this endeavor of life. So thanks. May Rachel and I bring the Lord Christ glory in our future marriage; and God bless you!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger .letting go said...

a thousand times: congratulations friend.

!!

8:42 AM  
Blogger Jerry said...

p h u n

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Noah! It seems to be the week of engagements. Must be spring/summer fever. :) I trust God will bless you both.

Kelly

10:41 PM  
Blogger Todd said...

I love you guys! Hope to talk with you soon.

T

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home