5/27/2007

church

Today Rachel and I went to Elim Family Worship Centre instead of our regularly scheduled church for a couple reasons, first Steve is gone tree planting and second, our church is showing a boring video series.

So Elim it was, within walking distance and I know the Pastor. I certainly enjoyed the service but could never go to the church regularly because of some doctrinal friction. However, this service was quite profitable because it reminded me of what our church is missing and therefore the reason that I am a member of Riverside.

Notably the service included both the proper use of prophecy and tongues. And by "proper use" I mean as described in 1 Corinthians 14, with only 1-3 people doing so, one at a time, and the tongues with interpretation. The tongue speaking itself was distinguishable as being a real human language with actual syntax, morphological structure and natural sounding inflections, and the interpretation translated it with the same tone and structure. It gave me chills because so far my only experience with "tongues" is what I would call either fake, or even Satanic. However this was certainly the real deal. Rachel laughed at me because apparently my face had a look of amazed shock the whole time!

Operating in the Prophetic is something that is taken for granted in more Charismatic churches, but it is something I strongly desire to see my church embracing, but without a change in our Reformed theology of course.

We had to leave the service early though because Rachel was feeling sick and I had been awake for 20 hours and needed to sleep for tonight's midnight shift. But yeah, just thought I'd report, see y'all later.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

Interesting. You'll have to tell me more about it tomorrow.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home