6/17/2007

At Rachie's for the 500th time by now...

This weekend was pretty insane. Busy, busy, busy. We got to Dundas around 11:30pm and hung out with Rachel's parents chatting it up over some Guiness and Scotch. On Saturday everyone else got up early for Charlotte's final gymnastics performance of the year, but I didn't go as I wouldn't fit in the car. A leisurely walk through downtown Dundas was not out of the question though.

Most of Saturday was spent celebrating both Jessica and Charlotte's birthdays (which are one week apart). A large and excellent feast of meaty goods was prepared, and fun was had by all. Also had a good chat with Rachel's parents when the young'uns went downstairs for their slumber party.

Today we went shopping in various malls so that the girls could spend their gift certificates for Chapters/La Senza Girl etc. I managed to find some good stuff as well, a book of poetry, Metropolis 16-29 by Rob Fitterman, a rather innovative poet and the leading edge of the modern technological/big city Avante-Garde. Also a couple cds, Mary Star of the Sea by Zwan, Billy Corgan's short lived post Pumpkins group... it is quite strange hearing him sing some praises to Jesus. Also Terrorhawk by the also defunct Bear vs. Shark, a mind-blowing record that is impossible to describe... wanted it for a while but didn't want to spend $20 on it, but finally said "screw it" and got it at HMV for that ridiculous price... which I guess is okay as I really haven't seen it anywhere else and it really is that good.

I really got to know Rach's family better this time... I had at least one meaningful conversation of decent length with each member of her family. They are all quite cool. Things are going quite well. I am dead tired though... at least I can sleep in cause I don't work til 2:30pm tomorrow.

See you all later, come back soon for some summer fun!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home