6/07/2007

Whitby and the 'Shwa

Today I went to Whit(e)by and the 'Shwa with Steve, Jer, and Sybil. Sarah was a gonna come but somethin' came up so she couldn't.

We went mainly because I received a gift certificate for Best Buy from my Dad for graduation, and Whitby has the nearest Best Buy. Plus it was a great excuse to go to Teddy's Restaurant in the 'Shwa, the OC, and Deja Vu Discs.

We all had fun, I got some Bose speakers for my compy, and they sound heavenly... I knew that Bose have a rep for really high quality audio reproduction, but I didn't think such rich and, well, three-dimensional sound could come from two small speakers... Great Success!!! Thanks Dad!

When we hit up the CD shops I got some new records to try out on the speakers as well!

Cool Hand Luke- Wake Up O Sleeper [one of the few "CCM" bands I dig, nice dreamy pop worship-y stuff]

Few Left Standing- Wormwood [long forgotten record by a long forgotten hardcore act, I heard the song "Burn Me to the Ground" on This is Solid State vol. 3 and have wanted this record since. Five years later I finally find a copy, dusty, sitting on the shelf in an old Christian Bookstore. Very nice. These guys would've blown up if it wasn't for the fact that they broke up as this was hitting the shelves. I guess being married and supporting their families was more important than playing in a band! Duh!]

Smashing Pumpkins- Pisces Iscariot [nice selection of b-sides/outtakes/covers from the first few years. Some of these songs are as good as or better than songs that actually made the records, others are fun in their weirdness, and others invoke "What were they thinking?" factor]

Dinner at Teddy's was nice as well. Came home and went on a date with Rach, had fun times getting caught up as it's been about a week, stupid working different hours!

On another note please pray for me, I did something to screw up my foot a few days ago (God knows what) and so every day I wake up with a dull pain that eventually becomes so terrible that I find it difficult to walk. This sucks, as I walk everywhere and my job requires me to stand for 8 hours a day. Anyway, I'm off to bed, early morning tomorrow!

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

'Twas phun indeed.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home