6/13/2004

If you're joking I'll kill you (I'm still alive)

Listening to: The ringing in my ears. Some sound advice: Do not blow up a balloon until it pops from the pressure. The sound is VERY loud. Especially in a small room. My poor eardrums.

So, some good news, I think I may end up being the full time afternoon baker at Timmy's. Bad news is the circumstances under which thew last baker left suck. And that...sucks. However I can't complain about getting steady full time hours at a higher rate of pay (Answer to prayer, much?)

Church really rules. I totally dig the testimony sharings a WBC. The floor is always opened, and there is always a word of edification. It's truly awesome. And it's super cool that Sarah's coming out.

I realized something crazy yesterday. I used to work with a youth group, and now I volunteer at the Bridge. It's a crazy transition. I can literally feel a difference between the kids that have been shown love, and feel secure (in the youthgroup) and the kids that do not know love and are desperate for ANY attention (at the Bridge). It's a painful difference. It's painful.

Also...I realize now that NOTHING shows love better than rules that are fair and enforced. Rules are not bad. Fair rules show that the rule maker cares. Enforced rules show that the rule maker is not apathetic. We ask the kids not to swear. That's not a big deal. But it's a rule. A fair rule. One that is enforced. We care about the results...and so do the kids. And they care a lot that we actually care about their conduct. It shows love. A simple rule...which is the love they crave so much.

The Christian faith is so logical and true...yet so impossibe to understand or even believe at times. God is somewhat understandable...I mean...I get that he loves me and hates my sin...I get that he's the beginning of everything...the ultimate judge...the ultimate lover...the ultimate sacrifice and Lord. I get it. But don't. Not like I should. But I can't. His ways are not mine. What I do see, what I do understand is the most beautiful I could ever see or understand. I just need to wait for the rest.

1 Comments:

Blogger .letting go said...

Thanks Noah.
That convicted me.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home