6/08/2004

They are screaming at me desperately...

Listening to: Lengsel- Hours Lengsel is one of those bands I wish was around long enough to put out more than one album. They feature members of Extol and play sickly fast black metal. Every song on the album "Solace" is a highlight, and the only crappy part is the poor production with vocals WAY low in the mix. This song features song sick sounding screams in the middle that actually made me feel uneasy the first time I heard it.

So. Werked 8.5 hours today. yip yip. I need to get me cleaned up and buy a new ink cartridge for my worse than crappy printer so that I can actually go to school next year. What a day.

There are so many people in the world that don't give a crap about God. Yet God has put Christians (and that means me...) in charge of "preaching the gospel to all nations." Wow. Talk about being inadequate for a job. And just to rub it in he tells us that we may plant, water and harvest seeds, but can't make them grow.

Sometimes I feel like God uses us to do specifically what we find impossible to do, so that we don't do it on our strength but his, so that we can't claim any responsibility for things happening, so that it humbles us and all the glory goes to him. (My english professor would kill me for that run on sentence.)

And I guess that's the whole point. I feel like a pretty crappy witness of God's glory. And it's like, "Hey God. I suck. Please somehow reach some people through me."

And God's all like, "Hey, man, you don't suck any more 'cause of my grace in Christ, and I'll help you out tons."

God's all cool like that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

so it sounds like God is all up in the shizz and all homie-g-mother-fly-dawg like then holmes?

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home