7/16/2004

I was once the wine, and you were the wineglass

Listening to: mewithoutYou- Everything Was Beautiful, And Nothing Hurt I'm starting to understand why this is considered by the critics to be one of the best underground hardcore/indie records that nobody has ever heard. And, man, this is their debut! I've only heard 5 songs off this record so far, and I already can't wait till their new one drops in September (I think). Aaron Jonathan Weiss' scream/yell/sing/talk/whatever vocals are not something to be missed, nor the crazy music arrangements...
 
Another crazy 9 hour day at work. I've had fun though (imagine that). i'm looking forward to tomorrow for a day off work, (and the putting of the mewithoutYou in the Bridge's cd player, mwa-ha-ha...) Also getting together with Sarah tonight and Rochelle on Monday. And Next weekend is to the trailer for a Lobster/ steak dinner...rocks!
 
But yeah, Something I've been thinking about recently is that so often I pray the wrong prayers...it's like, "God, give me the strength to..." or "more faith for..." when...he already has! The scripture makes that quite clear. God already gives me all the strength/ faith I'll need. My problem is me being lazy and stubborn. God gives me strength, but he doesn't use it for me, I have to want to.
 
That be my thoughts.
 
PS: I love you Katherine, thanks for reading.
 
I was once the wine,
And you were the wineglass
I was once alive-
when you held me
God became the glass,
all things left were emptiness.
Oh, my little girl, if you look out
And see a trace of dark red
That used to be my face
in the clarity of his grace
Remember me.-
Aaron Jonathan Weiss, last stanza of "Nice and Blue"
Yay, using the metaphor of committing adultery to speak about ending a relationship for God's will. I love this man.


2 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

I still don't have that album, but the lyrics are saved on my computer and have been for awhile. He, Schwab and Manchild are my lyrical heroes.

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I will always read whatever you write. It keeps me interested, and keeps me thinking. Thanks for the message. Sometimes I hear it.

Katherine

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home