7/03/2004

I don't think I could ever love so empty

Listening to: Pedro the Lion- The Poison (Live Summer Tour '04) This song has one of the best closing couplets ever: "My old man always swore that hell would have no flames / Just a front row seat to watch your true love pack her things and drive away."

I do not need
but always, always want.
I could never hold this desire:
"But at least you killed my apathy,"
I say so apathetically;
"Difficult but comfortable,"
you say.
But never comfortable.
I could really get used to this emotional adultery,
but I realize that I'm cheating the four of us.

I don't want to be prophetic,
Or cryptic, or a liar.
I'll give you a birthday present you can cherish,
and rip my heart form my chest so you can't see it.

'Cause I don't think I could ever love so empty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home