4/04/2007

Dennis Lee

Wow.

The poetry reading tonight was amazing. Laid back yet formal, simple yet enlightening. It also turned out to be the launch party Dennis Lee's new book yesno. This makes me officially the second person to own a copy. Someone beat me to the table!

Cervantes is super classy and provided some free appetizers that were amazing. Dennis read most of his new book and a few from his teen poetry book So Cool to break the ice. About half an hour of reading. He's genuinely a great performer as well. At one point in the evening he randomly sat down at the table where I was directly across from me, which gave me some time to gush praises! He also gave me some writing advice and signed my book "To Noah, Good luck! Dennis Lee"

After he signed it as I was walking away he punched me in the shoulder and said, "Really, good luck with the poetry writing!"

I also drank 3/4 of a litre of amazing red wine. Hello headache! (Good red wine gives me a headache even when I don't get drunk!) Val and Steve Hayes were also in attendance.

Good times... now to finish my sessay!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

You're gonna need that luck, kid. We haven't seen anything new in months!

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home