8/05/2004

To my beloved

Listening to: Our Lady Peace- "Spiritual Machines" album This is prolly OLP's most pure, uncontrived album, since they wrote and recorded it super fast. I also love the concept. I'm a sucker for concept records. So beautiful.

These crossroads
Your vindicated smile
I swear to God
When you wrap your arms around me and
Nail me to this wall
Yeah, you'll feel it pierce your soul, too

But I'm too selfish to care
I'd starve to death
'Cause I'm too proud to beg

Do you want to see my heart,
Feel who I really am
I burned this child's eyes
Just to feel the pain again

I'm too damn selfish to care
I'm starving 'cause I will not beg

But I'd beg you for you for your heart and eat it cold
Just to feel what it's like to miss you
'Cause you've never left my side since the day I met you

So don't cry for me, beloved
I am just a man
Don't hold your breath
It will leave you dead

Open your eyes, dear child
Hold your hands to the sky
'Cause we won't see his kingdom coming
'Til we feel our bodies rot

2 Comments:

Blogger .letting go said...

this is pretty brilliant.
email me o' busiest of noah's.

2:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Warnin, my keyboard is dead and as no 'g's or 'h's. You ave been forwarned and must translate accordinly!!!

Noa!!! ow are you! Youre still alive! Tis is reat!!! More importantly, Ive found your blo (muaaaaaaaaaa), te innermost writins of your conscious mind!
Definately take me up on te offer! Come an in Ottawa! (o capital city!)
Anyways, Ive ot tins to do and places to o, so Ill talk wit you later! (Do you ave MSN?)
Ciao! - Lea

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home