11/30/2004

"Mr. John Milton, meet King Solomon."

So, tonight's menu: Essay on L'Allegro and Il Penseroso by John Milton

Tomorrow's menu looks decidedly better: Homemade Caesar salad, Grilled Chicken Fettucini Alfredo, Bacon and Cheese Garlic Bread, and Chocolate Velvet Pie. Yay for TCF's "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?"

So what's on my mind? Well, in so many ways it's the end of an age and the beginning of a new one. I feel like I've spent the last nine months pregnant with my first child...and have miscarried on the day of delivery. But somehow I am stronger now, to face what shall come. And since I am the master of (and I quote): "escalating situations" (end quote), I'm just going to have to wait and see what happens next.

Are you confused yet? You should be, unless of course, you're one of the two people who know what I'm talking about.

King Solomon is on my mind. Maybe it's cause I'm obsessed with mewithoutYou, or maybe it's cause I'm sometimes envious of his 500 wives...no wait it's neither of those...anyway:

14 My dove in the clefts of the rock,
in the hiding places on the mountainside,
show me your face,
let me hear your voice;
for your voice is sweet,
and your face is lovely.
15 Catch for us the foxes,
the little foxes
that ruin the vineyards,
our vineyards that are in bloom.
(Song of Songs 2:14-15)

Purity is golden.

5 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Oh shall we survive tomorrow night? I know you will....i'm a mess of stress...
oh -I need you to come here for a minute-yes that's right. We need an aside. You know what I'm talking about. Prime example. If not-after our aside you'll know what I mean.

12:54 AM  
Blogger Jerry said...

This might be frightening, but I know precisely what you mean.

WHERE'S MY FXXING ASIDE NOME? (teh joke)

Seriously though, you just don't get it: call.

12:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there shine.is.dead, I had been out looking for some new information on cure bad skin when I found your site and . Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi shine.is.dead, Out surfing for information on blemishes & happened upon your site. While wasn't exactly spot on, it did strike a note with me. Thank you for the really good read.

5:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there shine.is.dead, I had been out looking for some new information on clear complexion when I found your site and . Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home