11/01/2004

Do you get our...MEANING! Point, dude, watch the beat...

Listening to: Anthrax- Antisocial

I just recently picked up Anthrax's Return of the Killer A's (best of). Yeah, so I guess now I have completely survived the whole "evangelical Christian subculture" as I am buying all my old "secular" (man, I hate that word) albums again. I mean really, as long a my heart is focused on Christ I don't think he gives a crap what I listen to.

Anyway, I totally forgot hw freaking heavy the old school "Among the Living" era songs were. Killer, man. Like, it totally kicks my ass. Oh yeah, "I'm the Man" is the funniest song ever written. "I'm the man, I'm the man! I'm so Bad! I'm so bad I should be in detention! I'm so bad! I AM THE MAN!!!" Ha ha.

Anyway... other than this silliness. I have to get one of my wisdom teeth yanked at 11:00am. Followed by much feeling like crap by anyone remotely involved (that being me...) Oh how I love my mouth being cut open...

So I have realized after two different people misinterpreted my last entry that some of my personal slang doesn't really translate to written word that well. So, for those of you paying attention, "for those of you paying attention" is a sarcastic semi-condescending indication of an upcoming statement of clarification. Do you get it? You don't get it. WHY DON'T YOU GET IT?!?! (Yeah, like, Meaghan will get that one, no one else...)

So I'm looking forward to nothing. And oh, man, nothing is such a good thing right now.

Next week I get to cut Mark Steven's grass, and before you think he's taking advantage of me for labour, let me tell you that the reason is to teach me how to use a steering wheel.

Also, next week is the membership class at Riverside. Rock, Rock on.

Hey Katherine, I AM THE LAW!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

I think He gives a crap what we listen to.

Infidel.

2:52 PM  
Blogger shine.is.dead said...

I think he gives a crap about the effects of what we listen to on our Spiritual health. Anthra doesn't positiviely or negatively modify my spirital health, they just help me to rock, rock on.

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why *wouldn't* God care about what we listen to? It obviously affects our thoughts, our mood, how we feel about things, and perhaps even as far as what we do. I think that what we choose to listen to as Christians is very important and will affect our walk with God. Music is very powerful and there is just some stuff that we shouldn't listen to.
~Kelly

3:23 PM  
Blogger .letting go said...

thought provoking. keep thinking.

Do you get it? ;)

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home