11/25/2004

personal pronouns

Listening to: Tree63- Blessed Be Your Name Some worship is always happy.

"O! My Lover, all our memories I would deface,
As this bird-shaped blood stain becomes our last embrace."

Extension in History 312...woot!

So, all my assignments this week are done except the final and most important: tomorrow, bible study on the Trinity, at Trent University, LEC 207, 6:00pm. If you live around Peterborough and read this and feel like showing up, do so. Much rocking action.

Amber's Christmas present came in today. I'd say what it is but she reads this so I can't. Let's just say it's one of my top five albums of the year...

So, how about writing Alexandrine couplets. Yay for meter.

I'm feeling it, are you feeling it? For the first time since last February I feel like I am doing what God truly desires of me. It's funny how when my calling became apparent to me God keeps uping the responsibility level on me...First I had to take responsibility for a Youth Group, then I had to take responsibility for my doctrine and life, then for a friend....now a co-leadership role in a small group...with a chance to really preach the gospel. Time to exercise the reason I exist. I love God.

So why would God choose me, and leave others behind?
Why does he exercise his power in my life to sanctify me unto his glory?
Not because I deserve it, not because I wanted it (surely I did not)
But because he loves me.

"By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren." (1 John 3:16)

"2By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. 3For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome." (1 John 5:2-3)

Oh Lord, may I keep your commandments.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Amen to that oh cruel one...just wait until YOUR Christmas gift and your birthday gift come.....then I shall have some ammo to fight back with. Tree 63 rocks....I saw them live once....there were like I don't know hundreds and hundreds of people singing "Blessed Be Your Name" and it was awesome.....

9:56 PM  
Blogger Jerry said...

Tree63 = noah is a poser.

Obviously.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home