1/27/2005

My Love is like a dead, dead rose.

So for my English class I was asked to write an imitation, parody, or travesty of a work by another author. I chose to write a travesty of the poem "My love is like a red, red rose" by Robert Burns. I hate this poem. It is so bad, I just had to ruin it. The many years of death metal didn't help, either.

Here's the original:

My love is like a red, red rose,
That's newly sprung in June.
My love is like a melodie,
That's sweetly play'd in tune.

As fair thou art, my bonnie lass,
So deep in love am I,
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a' the seas gang dry.

Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi' the sun!
And I will love thee still, my dear,
While the sands of life shall run.

And fare the weel, my onely love!
And fare the weel awhile!
And I will come again, my love.
Tho it were ten thousand mile!

Here's my travesty:

My love is like a dead, dead rose,
That's withered in the fall.
My love is like the requiem,
That makes me want to bawl.

As pale you are, my boney lass,
So lonely now am I,
And you will lie there still, my dear,
Till all your bones are dry.

Till all your bones are dry, my dear,
And your flesh is all decayed!
And you will lie there still, my dear,
While my sanity is frayed.

And I won't leave, my only love!
And I won't leave, indeed!
And I will be with you , my love,
Tho you're 'neath the planted seed!

Yeah, that's kinda sick. Sorry 'bout this one kids.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Oh you big romantic you.....*shudder*.......you should see if Hallmark will publish that onto a card for Valentines Day. I'm sure it'd be a best seller.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home