3/09/2005

Dance, Dance, Dance (My beautiful girl).

Listening to: Anberlin- The Runaways So... catchy... can't... resist.... AHHHHH!!!!!

So I walk into Chumleigh's (local awesome used cd store), not intending to buy an album, and lo and behold, the first disc I see is the new Anberlin album, "Never Take Friendship Personal." Score. You know, I'm starting to feel guilty that I find all the deals and Jerry goes without dinner. Poor starving music boy. Love to you....

Anyway, this is the type of album I want to hate. Mostly predictable pop rock. But it's got good lyrics and it's so darn catchy I can't help but listen to it three times through in the past 2 hours... The whole album is good, with no fillers, but there are definitely some standouts, for instance, the title track (with guest vocals by Ryan Clark of Demon Hunter?!), "Paperthin Hymn," which is a perfect single, and the 7 minute closing track "Dance, Dance Christa Paffgen," which is the best song on the record, by far. Here's hoping their next album gets more experimental in the vein of this song. (which also has a guest performance, this time Michael Weiss from mewithoutYou on guitar.) Speaking of guest musicians, there's tons, but they (wisely) never overpower the band, and you can hardly tell they're there most of the time. Oh yeah, gotta love the title "A Heavy Hearted Work of Staggering Genius," for a one-minute instrumental. Anyway, I'll be playing the heck out of this one at the Bridge.

Tonight I plan on actually attending TCF. That will be fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

Since when do I NOT eat dinner?

And yes, I hate you for finding all the cheap yet awexome music.

3:49 PM  
Blogger shine.is.dead said...

When I said dinner, I meant it metaphorically referencing your lack of getting music deals.

Silly boy.

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home